The Houses were named by pupils when the school opened and take their name from Major Fitzroy Pleydell Goddard, who was the last member of the Goddard family who lived in the manor house on the Lawns.
Pupils are assigned vertically to Houses according to their ILEARN Groups from Year 7 – Year 11.
The aims of the House System are:
- To create an element of competition
- To further develop great relationships across the school community
- To provide opportunities to highlight pupils’ strengths
- To promote, reward and maintain good behaviour
- To encourage pupils to lead
Pupils and staff compete in a year-long series of competitions and events ranging from Team Building competitions, House Points, Numbers Day, ‘Beautiful Swindon Photography,’ and Sports competitions. National and Local charity fund raising play an important role in providing pupils with a real sense of self in the world. A full list of House activities can be found below.
Our Heads of House: Pleydell (Mr Henderson), Fitzroy (Miss Gregory) and Goddard (Mr Smith)